Frequently Asked Questions
Q1, Why should I relocate my servers to iAdvantage data centres in Hong Kong? Read Answer
Q2, What makes iAdvantage stand out from other data centres in Hong Kong? Read Answer
Q3, Why does iAdvantage focus solely on server colocation and facility management services? Read Answer
Q4, Why should international and local businesses consider outsourcing their data centres to iAdvantage? Read Answer
Q5, Is iAdvantage my trusted data centre provider? Read Answer
Q6, What can I expect from iAdvantage's data centres? Read Answer
Q7, What would colocation services entail for iAdvantage? Read Answer
Q8, What kind of facilities does iAdvantage Data Centre offer? Read Answer
Q9, What data security best practices have been adopted by iAdvantage? Read Answer
Q10, Does iAdvantage offer remote access to data centre? Read Answer
- Professional technical expertise
- Renowned since 1999 for our first-class data centre colocation services, we have achieved ISO/IEC 20000-1 : 2018 international standards in Information Technology Service Management System, ISO/IEC 27001 : 2013 international standards in Information Security Management System, ISO 14001 : 2015 environmental management standard in Environmental Management System and ISO 10002 : 2018 international standard in Complaints Handling Management System. iAdvantage’s well-trained technical team is available around the clock to support your network requirements.
- Space and service stability
- Customers can rest assured that long term stability and growth are in the best interests of both parties. Account for close to 1.5 Million square feet GFA, our data centres are located at properties either owned by our holding company, SUNeVision Holdings Ltd. (“SUNeVision”), SEHK: 1686, or its controlling shareholder, Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd. (“Sun Hung Kai Properties”), SEHK: 0016, ensuring long-term stability.
- Back-up services and equipment
- With our data centres, we offer world-class facilities, a 24/7 technical support team and a Disaster Recovery (DR) site.
- Superior Internet connectivity
- iAdvantage data centres are equipped with a scalable fiber optics system to provide highly reliable Internet connectivity. A variety of bandwidth options fit individual customer's needs.
- Scalable bandwidth management
- iAdvantage data centres help customers to free up crucial bandwidth in your own networks by connecting your servers to the iAdvantage network. In this way, you are free to devote your bandwidth to internal applications such as e-mail and file transfer.
- Maximum security
- iAdvantage data centres provide sophisticated firewall and anti-virus programs running on their latest updates. To safeguard the premises, iAdvantage provides 24/7 armed guard security and sophisticated security systems to prevent unauthorized data centre access, such as a hand geometry reader and closed-circuit TV surveillance system.
- Cost-effective colocation
- The iAdvantage colocation centres help reduce your operating costs for management, staff and hardware by empowering economies of scale.
As a Global Telecom Hub in Hong Kong with 200+ global, China and local telco carriers, ISPs and other types of service providers connecting 10 submarine cable systems worldwide, iAdvantage operates as a cloud and carrier-neutral company and does not compete with our customers.
iAdvantage is situated in the centre of diverse Internet businesses to help facilitate exchanges of information among each client and its customers. This "peering" or exchange of information among Internet service providers ensures each customer the highest degree of commercial synergy.
To be fully supportive of your diverse colocation requirements, iAdvantage offers single-minded dedication to all customers without getting in the way of your business.
Our data centres are located at properties either owned by SUNeVision or Sun Hung Kai Properties.
Carrying the reputation of our holding company SUNeVision and its controlling shareholder Sun Hung Kai Properties, iAdvantage is of enviable position of being able to offer service and connectivity to customers solely based on your needs – without any bias. In other words, as a network-neutral carrier hotel, iAdvantage is a non-competing, Internet support business to serve your colocation needs.
- Now in the age of big data and Internet of Things (IoT), the future growth and expansion of your company will exceed your available physical and cyber capacity for data storage and operation.
- Bandwidth expansion with our data centres at iAdvantage promises high-bandwidth transport in all our data centres.
- The prevalence of ecommerce and content migration of your businesses onto the web also underscores the importance of colocation for data security.
- Reduced capital expenditures with colocation eliminate the extra time and space required to host your IT infrastructure on-site with our green data centres in Hong Kong.
Our specialized focus: We are free from other ventures, meaning that iAdvantage exclusively offers server colocation and IT infrastructure management services.
Our position as a cloud and carrier-neutral data centre: Since iAdvantage does not compete with our customers and is not biased towards any single hardware, software, or service provider, we are in a unique position to offer each customer outstanding service and equipment for your particular needs, whether they are hardware, software and/or carrier services.
The success of iAdvantage’s client-oriented colocation services is measured by: quality, reliability, availability and connectivity:
- Quality: iAdvantage puts quality our highest priority Our technological expertise and strong, long-term commitment to our data centre security prove that.
- Reliability: The iAdvantage data centres will run smoothly and securely for all our iAdvantage customers around the clock. Gas based FM-200 / Novec 1230 fire suppression system, double interlock pre-action sprinkler system, a dedicated backup diesel generator, and dual power feeds and UPS sources all come with 24-hour maximum security at our centres.
- Availability: Our expert data centre service team provides professional, 24-hour technical support. You are always welcome to visit our data centres.
- Connectivity: All data centres are connected to iAdvantage's network backbone, which ensures high-bandwidth connectivity and solid backup support.
Customers looking for secure world-class colocation facilities can trust iAdvantage’s internationally-accredited hosting services with our cloud and carrier-neutral data centres, strategically located in Hong Kong to create a data centre hub for customers:
- The “total assest owner” model at iAdvantage means outsourcing IT infrastructure facilities and connectivity to professional data centres with the utmost flexibility in a range of tailor-made server colocation options.
- Securely located in properties owned by our holding company, SUNeVision or its controlling shareholder, Sun Hung Kai Properties, iAdvantage data centres are all built to provide up to 2N redundancy and to deliver the highest level of uptime availability, readily supported by UPS and generator backup.
- Our cohesive single project team - delivering professional services from design, build to operation of data centres - are here to help you 24/7.
- Our significant investment in green data centre technology demonstrates our emphasis on green IT and energy efficiency.
Our team strives to understand your business and offers customized solutions that meet your needs. While individual facilities provided by our data centres may vary, please take a look at what our MEGA Plus can offer:
- 2N Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) configuration with 15 mins. battery backup
- Gas based FM-200 / Novec 1230 fire suppression system and double interlock pre-action sprinkler system
- Dual power feeds and UPS sources
- Dual fiber optics and risers
- N+1 Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) design-configured with a fail-safe back-up system and with temperature and humidity control
- Security access control with 24-hour surveillance and entrance security
- Sophisticated Facilities Management Systems
For more information of our other locations, please refer to the section Locations on our website.
We ensure that your data is protected, with robust security and strict monitoring of all our facilities, from the entrances of our data centres to each server rack.
Physical security: 24-hour armed guards, an advanced, hand geometry reader to control access and CCTV surveillance system.
Cyber security: the latest anti-hacker firewall technology and a routinely-updated anti-virus program updated to the latest safety version.
Absolutely, dial-up lines and IP accounts are available for customers to remotely access all our data centres in Hong Kong. A dedicated leased line is also available for those who require access quickly and securely.